Haunted Mansion Authentic Merchandise at Walt Disney World
Disney Parks Blog author Steven Miller caught up with Cody Reynolds, Creative Design Manager with Disney Design Group, to talk about the new merchandise art program, “Haunted Mansion Authentic.”
Check out the video below.
About Haunted Mansion
Edge into a shadowy foyer and climb aboard a gloomy Doom Buggy for a supernatural journey through a labyrinth of haunted chambers. Glide past a casket-filled conservatory, a chilling séance room and a ghostly graveyard of singing specters as you attempt to find your way out.
Blending giggling ghouls with things that go bump in the night, this classic attraction promises to send chills up and down your shivering spine.
Once an abandoned residence in the center of Liberty Square, the Mansion has been home to 999 unearthly specters since October 1, 1971, including:
- The Ghost Host – The disembodied voice of this helpful ghoul is your private guide through the cadaverous realm of the estate, directing you from room to room. Just try to find your way out!
- Madame Leota – You’re invited to a candle-lit séance hosted by the otherworldly medium, Madame Leota. Sit tight and pray for light as apparitions all around you materialize and make their ghostly presences known.
- Hitchhiking Ghosts – If you happen to make it through the mansion, be warned that 3 phantoms await you at the exit and shall surely follow you home—but not before performing ghoulish new pranks to keep you in good spirits.
Happy Haunting Grounds
Over 15 rooms are waiting to be explored within the brick-draped walls of this darkened, spirit-infested abode, including:
- The Portrait Chamber – You won’t believe your eyes in this strange stretching room, where secrets are revealed on the walls and an unseen horror high overhead comes to light.
- Grand Ballroom – Be the Guest of Honor at this haunted party! Behold transparent revelers waltzing to and fro, banshee heads floating out of a nearby organ and 2 haunted men in a duel from the great beyond.
- The Graveyard – Drift through a midnight cemetery overflowing with spooks and specters joyously singing the haunting anthem, “Grim Grinning Ghosts,” as a cemetery watchman and his bony dog quiver in fear.
Learn more about the Haunted Mansion at disneyworld.disney.go.com.