Planning ahead is always a wise travel move, and it’s certainly not too early to start thinking about making plans for 2015 with Getaroom.com.
Before booking their next trip, travelers should consider the travel industry trends that will shape 2015 so they can make the most enjoyable and cost-effective travel decisions.
Mr. Bob Diener, Co-Founder and President of Getaroom.com and author of the book The Savvy Traveler 175 Ways to Save, presents thoughts on the ten upcoming travel trends for 2015.
- Rates and occupancy levels will be higher, especially in major cities and upscale hotels, due to the recovering economy. Do your research to find deals on higher-end hotels, and of course book early.
- Travelers going to Europe will increase as Americans start spending more again on travel, and inter-Europe travel also rises. Look at traveling to Europe during the off seasons of 2015 for the best deals.
- The one trend that doesn’t change is booking in advance. Promotions to encourage early bookings will grow, such as the flash sales featured by Getaroom.com which hotels use to sell rooms by offering deals that are valid for just a few hours, typically for stays anytime.
- Specialty vacations will continue to grow and become much more mainstream. Consumers are increasingly looking to blend their interests and activities with their travels, and vacations that focus on the environment, sports, or spa/yoga/health will see big growth in 2015.
- Similarly to other industries, companies will find ways to make travel and travel offers more personalized for individuals. Vendors in 2015 will try to match their offers to consumers’ specific needs and wants, which creates a win-win where travelers are more likely to enjoy their trips, and vendors make more sales.
- There will be more ways to book travel in 2015 such as through Getaroom.com’s unpublished rate program which should grow to include more than 40,000 hotels.
- From purchasing rooms and airfare to mobile-based check-ins, the industry will shift to allow consumers to be more in charge. This means mobile functions as well as automation, such as replacing room service with 24/7 grab-and-go options and self-luggage check in.
- Mobile dominates travel. Airlines and hotel operators will increasingly have to accommodate the desires of mobile travelers who expect to be able to complete bookings through apps, pull boarding passes, and perform nearly any other function. Easier access to charging will also need to be addressed.
- Value will be a focus for leisure travelers. Consumers always want to feel like they are receiving good value for their money. This doesn’t always mean rock bottom pricing, but includes other aspects such as location, amenities, convenience and more.
- A trend that combines the need for mobile-friendly travel with “value” is for hotels to offer free (and fast) Wi-Fi. Travelers simply expect to be connected whenever they are at a hotel, and free Wi-Fi can be more important than any other amenity. It’s one of the most requested hotel perks, and hotel review sites are filled with notes about Wi-Fi (or lack thereof).
Mr. Diener’s book The Savvy Traveler 175 Ways to Save, a collection of his best travel tips which will be available on Amazon.com in paperback and Kindle versions in October 2014.
For the very best fall destination hotel room rates, visit www.getaroom.com for flash sales and unpublished rate discounts of up to 20% and more.
Getaroom.com provides travelers a state-of-the-art lodging website (www.getaroom.com) which offers travelers the lowest hotel rates on the Internet. Clients calling its toll-free call center at 800-HOTELS-8 (800-468-3578) can also receive the benefits of unpublished pricing, with hotel rates typically 10 to 20 percent less than published rates on its site and other internet sites and as much as 50 percent less. There is full disclosure about the property at time of booking including the hotel name and exact location. Getaroom.com offers accommodations at national chain and independent boutique properties in major destinations worldwide.