Chef Michael Mina and restaurateur Ayesha Curry bring the heat from the kitchen to the table with their wildly popular dining concept International Smoke, now open at MGM Grand Hotel & Casino.
With family customs and global cooking techniques at its foundation, International Smoke celebrates culture and tradition with creative smoke-infused and wood-fired dishes.
Curry and Mina have created dishes that embrace barbecue and cooking styles from around the world. Offering an array of roasted shellfish, starters, and entrées designed for sharing, the menu accommodates groups celebrating any occasion. From large family gatherings to girls’ night or date night, to catching a bite before the game, International Smoke is a place to gather for exceptional food and everlasting memories.
- Signature Starters: Ayesha’s Fresh Baked Cornbread, glazed with Thai red curry butter, has quickly become a menu staple. Additional appetizers include Mama Mina’s Falafel, a Mina family recipe, served with hummus, cucumber, and endive; Jerk Duck Spring Rolls served with mango chutney and green sauce; and Shaking Beef with gem lettuce, pickled daikon and carrots, black pepper, and nuoc cham.
- Entrees: Inspirations drawn from Jamaican, Mediterranean, and American cuisines take the spotlight on International Smoke’s menu. Braised Jamaican Oxtail, derived from Curry’s family heritage of cooking, is a flavorful stew, abundant with red beans, coconut-jasmine rice, and scotch bonnets.
- ‘From the Smoker’: Diverse grilling techniques and distinct spice blends converge at International Smoke with St. Louis Cut Pork Ribs, which are first grilled then they’re smoked, available with a variety of house-blend sauces exploding with flavor, including American Barbecue, Vietnamese Chili-Lemongrass, and Korean Sesame-Gochujang; and the Smoked Korean Style Bone-In Short Rib, smoked for 17 hours on the bone, served with steamed rice, kimchi, and toasted sesame. The Whole ‘Pulled’ Pork Shank is Chef Mina’s take on a build-your-own taco dish, with slow-cooked pork shank, spicy house pickles, pineapple salsa, and al pastor sauce served with grilled corn tortillas.
- ‘From the Wood-Fired Grill’: A decadent selection of steaks and seafood are made with different cultural preparations including red wine sauce with pearl onions and roasted potatoes; yuzu ponzu with baby turnips and Shishito pepper; and chipotle chimichurri with grilled peppers and sweet potatoes. Protein options are prepared on a wood-fired grill and include a 14-ounce New York strip steak; ahi tuna steak; and a 16-ounce Delmonico rib eye.
International Smoke’s beverage experience, complete with craft cocktails, shareable punch bowls, wines, and beers, complements the restaurant’s food and vibe. Signature cocktails include the Shape Shifter, with Espolon Blanco Tequila, passion fruit, pineapple, and honey; and the Gina Jamaica, with Tito’s Vodka, Barsol Pisco, cucumber, and basil. Shareable punch bowls, such as the Punch Drunk, with Tito’s Vodka, peach, lime, and raspberries, serve up to five people. An expansive beer list features dozens of brews available on tap, including domestic, local, and import varietals.
The high-energy space features three distinct areas for seating: the main dining area, the patio, and the bar. The patio, overlooking The District at MGM Grand, doubles as a lounge for people-watching and a hub for families and friends to gather. Large round tables and comfortable booths are arranged throughout the patio and restaurant for conversation and celebration. The venue features a spacious bar, centrally located within the restaurant, surrounded by television screens for the perfect game day experience.
International Smoke Las Vegas opens for happy hour nightly at the bar at 4:30 p.m. and the kitchen for dinner at 5 p.m. To make reservations, call the restaurant directly at 702-891-3924. Learn more on their website.
ABOUT INTERNATIONAL SMOKE
International Smoke infuses the way we gather, share, and experience food with flair and a healthy dose of attitude. Stemmed from Chef Michael Mina and Ayesha Curry’s personal travels around the world, the restaurant celebrates food as the heart of the community and spotlights woodfired steaks, seafood, and ribs. International Smoke recognizes that fire is the start of all cooking and every country shares this culinary spark. The concept debuted in 2016 as a pop-up in MINA Test Kitchen and now has permanent locations in San Francisco, Miami, and San Diego. For more information, follow International Smoke on Instagram @internationalsmoke, Facebook @internationalsmoke, and Twitter @EatAtSmoke.
MINA is a San Francisco-based restaurant management company specializing in creating and operating upscale, innovative restaurant concepts. MINA is led by Chef/Founder Michael Mina whose accolades include James Beard Foundation “Who’s Who of Food and Beverage” inductee in 2013, Bon Appétit Chef of the Year, San Francisco Magazine Chef of the Year, and International Food and Beverage Forum’s Restaurateur of the Year. Operating since 2003, MINA currently manages over 40 restaurants including BARDOT BRASSERIE in Las Vegas; BOURBON PUB and MICHAEL MINA’s TAILGATE in Santa Clara; BOURBON PUB at San Francisco International Airport; BOURBON STEAK in DC, Glendale, Miami, Nashville, Orange County, Santa Clara, and Scottsdale; CLOCK BAR in San Francisco; INTERNATIONAL SMOKE in San Francisco, Houston, Miami, and San Diego; MARGEAUX BRASSERIE and PETIT MARGEAUX in Chicago; MICHAEL MINA in San Francisco and Las Vegas; MINA BRASSERIE in Dubai; MINA’S FISH HOUSE in Oahu; OSTERIA CAL MARE in Los Angeles and Springfield; PABU in San Francisco and Boston; PIZZA & BURGER in Miami Beach; RN74 in Seattle; STRIPSTEAK in Las Vegas, Miami Beach, and Waikiki; THE HANDLE BAR in Jackson Hole; THE RAMEN BAR in San Francisco; THE STREET FOOD HALL in Waikiki, and TRAILBLAZER TAVERN in San Francisco. For a complete list of restaurants, please visit http://michaelmina.net. Follow Michael Mina on Facebook at Michael Mina, and on Instagram and Twitter at @ChefMichaelMina.
ABOUT AYESHA CURRY
Ayesha Curry is a renowned restauranteur, chef, New York Times bestselling author, host of the EllenTube series “Fempire with Ayesha Curry” and was featured on the prestigious Forbes “30 Under 30” list. Her accessible approach to cooking has made her one of the most sought-after experts in food and lifestyle and has amassed over 8 million avid social media followers and subscribers. The face of today’s modern “mompreneur,” Ayesha has her own line of cookware, bedding, jewelry, kitchen textiles, and meal kits. Ayesha is an ambassador for No Kid Hungry, an organization fighting to end childhood hunger, and along with her husband, the co-founder of their family-founded charity Eat. Learn. Play. with a mission to end childhood hunger, ensure universal access to quality education, and enable healthy, active lifestyles. She lives in the San Francisco Bay Area with her three kids, Riley, Ryan, and Canon, and husband, Stephen.
- : 5:00 pm - 10:00 pmMon5:00 pm - 10:00 pmTue5:00 pm - 10:00 pmWedClosedThuClosedFri5:00 pm - 10:00 pmSat5:00 pm - 10:00 pmSun5:00 pm - 10:00 pm
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this business listing may be affiliate links, which can provide compensation to us at no cost to you if you decide to make a purchase. You can read our affiliate disclosure in our disclosure policy.