Force of Nature kicks off in Southern California on April 26, 2015, for its first event that challenges excitement-seeking participants through daring obstacles which resemble extreme elements of nature.
The ultimate adventure course is designed by legendary outdoorsman Laird Hamilton, with thrilling obstacles inspired by his experiences in Hawaii that test the mind and body. Beginning at 7:30 a.m., the course features 20 high-intensity obstacles over an 8-10 mile course in Lake Perris, CA pushing race-goers to the limit in this premier test of capability.
Force of Nature is the first event of its kind to challenge physical strength and mental resolve through obstacles that embody nature’s most intimidating elements such as wind, heat, ice, water, earth, sun and more. Ideal for active daredevils, the obstacles test the mind and body with staggering heights, extreme temperatures, and skilled agility.
“Force of Nature is an awakening of your intuition and instincts,” said Laird Hamilton, Force of Nature designer and extreme sports athlete. “The obstacles reflect my experiences in extreme sports and training to create a truly unique and novel event that is unlike any other. I am excited to share the Force of Nature experience with fellow participants and look forward to people’s response as they take part in the race.”
Force of Nature’s mind-over-matter obstacles include and are not limited to:
- Arctic Crawl: One of many frozen obstacles, the Arctic Crawl features a path of packed snow which participants must crawl through to get ahead of their competitors.
- Water Wall: Athletes scale a colossal rock wall as bone-chilling water sprays downward at jet-speed in their paths.
- The Furnace: Following obstacles that involve cold water and snow, participants must enter The Furnace, a large dome that is heated to over 130ᵒF, and perform cardio-intensive exercises.
- Heart Rate Control: In the midst of the rigorous obstacles, competitors must lower their heart rate and calm themselves before moving on, in an ultimate test of mental control.
- Polar Plunge: The final obstacle features a large tank filled with ice water and lined with black walls. Athletes have to retrieve their finisher medal at the bottom of the tank in order to complete the race and prove they are a force of nature.
“We have been producing obstacles races since 1997 and continue to refine the sport to keep challenging athletes over obstacles they would have never dreamed of. In that spirit, we designed Force of Nature to defy traditional standards of endurance and strength,” said Michael Epstein, president of Michael Epstein Sports Productions, Inc. “The obstacles will require participants to conquer elements physically and mentally.”
Following the launch of Force of Nature in Southern California on April 26, 2015, the races will be held in the following cities: Philadelphia on June 6, 2015, Detroit on June 20, 2015, Chicago on July 19, 2015, the Tri-State area on August 16, 2015 and Northern California on November 15, 2015.
For event details and more information on Force of Nature, visit their website.
About Force of Nature
Force of Nature is an extreme adventure racecourse, created by Michael Epstein from MESP, Inc. and inspired by legendary outdoorsman Laird Hamilton. Each obstacle is designed to challenge the mind and body, incorporating the elements of nature: wind, heat, ice, water, earth, sun and more. In 2015, the 8-10-mile, 20+obstacle course will debut in Southern California, Philadelphia, Detroit, Chicago, the Tri-State area and Northern California.
Since 1986, MESP, Inc. has been a leader in lifestyle sports marketing. As a full-service marketing and production company, MESP has consistently delivered the highest quality events to athletes, partners, and communities across the country. The purpose of MESP is to create safe, prestigious and entertaining outdoor athletic events, thus providing an extraordinary experience for all involved. MESP produces events such as Force of Nature, Down & Dirty Obstacle Race presented by Subaru, The Chardonnay Run, Nautica Malibu Triathlon presented by Equinox and the Hermosa Day at the Beach Triathlon. MESP strives to produce events with a festive atmosphere that make a difference in people’s lives and that continually maximize the enjoyment of the athletes, the exposure of the sponsors, and the well-being of the community.