First-time and returning cruise vacationers can explore the seven seas and thousands of ports of call with incentives and discounts destined to make every cruise an affordable dream vacation. This comes as Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA) launches its annual CLIA Cruise Week travel promotion.
The event will run from October 6 – 13, with the world’s top cruise lines participating and offering exclusive cruise deals for travel aboard more than 200 of the world’s most popular cruise ships, including specialty and river cruises.
Savings and special offers, only available through CLIA member travel agencies and agents, include cabin upgrades and discounts, shipboard spending credits, special airfares, and complimentary and discounted shore excursions on thousands of sailings on the most in-demand cruise itineraries in the Caribbean, Europe, Alaska, Canada/New England, the Panama Canal, South America, Australia and the South Pacific, the Middle East and Asia. CLIA travel agencies and agents across North America will participate in CLIA Cruise Week with virtual and live sales events, making this the largest promotion of its kind.
Information on CLIA Cruise Week, all the exclusive offers, and where to find a CLIA travel agency/agent to assist in the planning and booking of a cruise is available at cruising.org/vacation/cruiseweekdeals.
Sample promotions from CLIA member lines include:
- Norwegian Cruise Line: 10% off their cruise fare in the form of onboard credits for specialty dining, shore excursions or spa treatments; plus $100 onboard credit per person for specialty sailings, and $300 in onboard credits on select itineraries.
- Carnival Cruise Lines: Great rates plus 50% reduced deposits, plus two category upgrade, plus $50 onboard credit per stateroom.
Avalon River Cruises: a savings of $1,300 per couple for river cruises in Europe.
- Disney Cruise Line: $100 onboard credit on select 7-Night Western Caribbean Cruises.
- Hurtigruten: 10% off current price levels on Norway Coastal Voyages on new 2014 and 2015 bookings.
- Royal Caribbean: a buy one guest, get second guest 50% off and 5% off the line’s ChoiceAir fare bookings.
- Cunard: Save up to $175 per stateroom onboard credit on any bookings made for Transatlantic Crossings aboard the luxurious flagship Queen Mary 2.
- MSC Cruises: Book balcony staterooms at ocean view rates for select sailings in both the Caribbean and Europe; “Fantastica Experience” bookings receive a complimentary drink package; free gratuities on select Caribbean sailings.
- Princess Cruises: Enjoy 30% off bookings, plus free gratuities and Onboard Spending Money for balcony staterooms and above.
- Paul Gauguin Cruises: $100 onboard credit per person and 50% off standard all-inclusive cruise fares on m/s Paul Gauguin and the m/v Tere Moana voyages, airfare is included from Los Angeles on m/s Paul Gauguin itineraries.
“CLIA Cruise Week is an ‘all hands on deck’ promotion designed to reward first-time and frequent cruise travelers with special offers,” said Christine Duffy, CLIA President and CEO. “The promotion is all about the appeal of cruising and the tremendous value of a cruise vacation – not just in price, but in memorable cruise experiences and the ability to visit the world’s most exciting destinations.”
CLIA Cruise Line members include AmaWaterways, American Cruise Lines, Avalon Waterways, Azamara Club Cruises, Carnival Cruise Lines, Celebrity Cruises, Costa Cruises, Crystal Cruises, Cunard Line, Disney Cruise Line, Holland America Line, Hurtigruten, MSC Cruises, Norwegian Cruise Line, Oceania Cruises, Paul Gauguin Cruises, Pearl Seas Cruises, Princess Cruises, Regent Seven Seas Cruises, Royal Caribbean International, Seabourn Cruise Line, SeaDream Yacht Club, Silversea Cruises, Tauck River Cruising, Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection and Windstar Cruises.
Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA) is the world’s largest cruise industry trade association with representation in North and South America, Europe, Asia and Australasia. CLIA represents the interests of cruise lines and travel agents and is engaged in providing travel agent training, and marketing communications to promote the value and desirability of a cruise holiday vacation. For more information on CLIA, the cruise industry, and CLIA-member cruise lines and travel agencies, visit www.cruising.org.
CLIA can also be followed on the Cruise Lines International Association’s Facebook and Twitter fan pages, and CEO Christine Duffy can be followed @CLIACEO and cruising.org/ceoblog.