Pet Dining – The Companies That Cater to Your Dog
Many of us see our pets as our kids and we would love to take them everywhere we go. For instance, taking our pet dining with us is awesome.
Below are 12 companies that understand how important it is to have your pet dining with you.
- Starbucks – On the Starbucks secret menu, you’ll find the Puppuccino. It’s a small cup filled with whipped cream for your pup. Next time you get that Venti Caramel Macchiato, treat your pup to the puppuccino.
- Rock & Brews– The have a dog-friendly patio and a doggie menu. They will bring water in a bowl for your pup upon request (on the house). It’s the perfect place to dine and rock out with your pup.
- Shake Shack– Shake Shack offers the Pooch-ini, composed of dog biscuits, peanut butter sauce, and a vanilla custard. They also have a Bag O’Bones, which is a bag of five ShackBurger dog biscuits made by Bocce’s Bakery.
- Johnny Rockets – At select locations, a specialized menu is offered for your dog. Items include doggie hamburgers, lickety split ice cream, and even pupcakes.
- Sprinkles Cupcakes – They offer Doggie Cupcakes. The cupcakes are sugar-free and topped with a yogurt frosting.
- In-N-Out– The Flying Dutchman, on the secret menu, simply contains two beef patties and two slices of cheese. Rumor has it that it was created for people to feed their dogs at one of the original In-N-Out locations.
- Le Pain Quotidienne – Le Pain Quotidienne is not only dog-friendly, but some of the outdoor tables at select locations have jars of dog treats or they are offered by the staff.
- Tim Hortons – Known for their variety of Timbits, Tim Hortons offers plain Timbits for dogs. Make sure to ask for a pet-friendly Timbit.
- Dairy Queen – Ask for a Pup Cup next time you’re at Dairy Queen with your dog. You will receive a free small-serving of vanilla soft serve ice cream.
- Culver’s– Know for it’s “made-daily Fresh Frozen Custard,” Culver’s has a tradition of offering milk bones to dogs coming through the drive thru.
- Sonic Drive-in – Because the restaurant is an old style drive-in with car hops, Sonic welcomes all dogs. Many locations bring dog treats to your car along with your meal.
- Chick-fil-a– If you’re at the drive-thru, many of the Chick-fil-a locations give treats to dogs who come by the window.
If you decide that you want to take your pet dining with you, here are a few tips.
- Make sure your dog is well-behaved around other people and especially children.
- Leash your dog and keep him/her from socializing with other diners or employees, unless welcomed.
- Try to keep your dog close to your table or chair so he or she is not in the waiter’s path. Dogs are not allowed on the chairs or tables.
- Bring your own dog water bowl or ask the waiter for a paper or plastic bowl or cup for water if necessary. Pets are not permitted to eat or drink out of restaurant glasses or dishes, unless they are disposable.
- Remember to tie your dog to your chair and not a table. A dog tied to a table can result in spilled drinks or food if he or she is strong enough to make the table move.
- Always call ahead or ask first to make sure an establishment allow dogs at their outdoor tables.