More and more people are ignoring their preconceived notion of Las Vegas during the holidays and have decided to visit during Christmas time.
With less than 10 days left until the big day, you might be wondering what can you, your friends, and your family do to celebrate the holiday season.
Below, we’ve compiled a list of things to do in Las Vegas during the Christmas holiday season. Some places you may have already gone to in the past and may wish to revisit, while others will be completely new to you.
Before we get started, many people want to know what the weather in Las Vegas will be like at Christmas. Well, it won’t be warm, it is December after all. But, it won’t be very cold either. Expect daytime temperatures to be somewhere around the mid-50s. It’s basically sweater or leather jacket weather, not parkas and gloves.
Holiday Themed Shows in Las Vegas 2021
If you’re looking for a holiday-themed Christmas show, we recommend checking these ones out.
- All Motown – This musical revue features the powerful female vocal group The Duchesses decked out in their best holiday attire. Click here to purchase tickets.
- Terry Fator – He dazzles audiences with his amazing skills as a singer, comedian, and celebrity impersonator. His lovable puppets make everyone smile and get into the spirit of the holidays. Click here to purchase tickets.
- Legends in Concert – The show features a lineup of highly talented tribute performers at Tropicana Las Vegas, performing many of your favorite Christmas carols. Click here to purchase tickets.
- This is Christmas – Ring in the holiday season at the Palazzo with Santa Claus, Scrooge, a live band, and a star-studded cast of Broadway stars! Click here to purchase tickets.
- The Nutcracker – If your’e looking for traditon, you can’t go wrong with The Nutcracker in Reynolds Hall at The Smith Center with a live orchestra and larger-than-life landscapes. Click here to purchase tickets.
Free & Ticketed Christmas Events in Las Vegas 2021
- Bellagio Conservatory & Botanical Gardens – Free to the general public, this is a must-see for locals and tourists alike. The conservatory is decked out with a huge snow globes, playful polar bears made of thousands of flowers, a 42-foot-tall live tree, and more. Make sure to check out the model train, as it has a camera on the front, giving you the perspective of zooming throught the flowerbed.
- ARIA’s Winter Wonderland – ARIA is lighting up the holiday season with its “Winter Wonderland” lobby display. Created by the ARIA Pastry team and on display through Tuesday, Jan. 5, this year’s centerpiece is a custom-designed Sugar Palace, made out of edible ingredients and stands 15-feet high.
- Ethel M Chocolate Factory Holiday Cactus Garden – Stroll through Ethel M’s three-acre cactus garden with over a million lights twinkling, while sipping one of the world’s best hot chocolates. You can also have your photo taken with Santa, as he will be in the garden nightly through Deember 23rd. Because he still needs to deliver presents. Don’t forget to also enjoy their premium Holiday Chocolate tasting experience. Soooo good!
- The Holiday Experience at The Park – Twinkling lights, festive décor, and strolling Santas greet visitors and locals at “Cool Yule” at The Park. As guests wander through The Park, they’ll encounter breakdancing elves, live music, and acapella carolers. Specialty Cocktails will also be served at Beerhaus and the Cool Yule Bar. Admission is free.
- The Ice Rink at The Cosmopolitan Las Vegas – 4,200 square feet of real ice await you at The Ice Rink. Light snowfall falls throughout the evening, while holiday movies play, and people enjoy roasting s’mores over the fire. This event is open daily with varying times during the week and weekend. Entry around the rink is free, but ice skating and fire pit reservations are ticketed.
- Enchant Christmas Las Vegas – If you’re looking to be surrounded by thousands of lights, look no further than Enchant. This event includes a maze in which it’s your task to find all of Santa’s reindeer. Even though the reindeer are HUGE, it will take you some time to find them all. The event also has ice skating, vendors, and places to sit and chat over a cup of hot chocolate or an adult beverage. You can purchase your tickets here. Make sure to check out the quick video below that we shot while at Enchant.
- Glittering Lights at Las Vegas Motor Speedway – Glittering Lights is Nevada’s largest holiday drive-thru light show with millions of twinkling lights along a 2.5-mile course. A can’t miss holiday tradition to experience with family, friends, even date night! Glittering Lights will put a smile on your face and warm holiday memories in your heart. Click here for tickets.
Whatever you decide to do while in Las Vegas for Christmas, we hope you have a wonderful and magical time while you’re there. We can’t wait to see what 2022 brings. Have a Happy New Year!