- Nightmare on Spring Mountain transforms the world famous Sand Dollar Lounge into a creepy, spooky, scary, ookie celebration.
- The entire bar & lounge will be covered in more than $10,000 in Halloween decor and lighting.
- Read more Travelivery Las Vegas stories on our homepage
Co-owners Anthony Jamison and Nathan Grates are excited to announce the return of Nightmare on Spring Mountain; transforming the world-famous Sand Dollar Lounge into a creepy, spooky, scary, ookie celebration of All Hallows’ Eve.
Check Out the Photo Gallery Below
Nightmare on Spring Mountain will run from October 1 – November 1. Hours for this special pop-up will be 3 p.m. – 4 a.m. seven days a week. Reservations are encouraged and accepted between the hours of 3 – 6 p.m.
Building on the excitement from last year’s inaugural pop-up, the entire bar & lounge will be covered in more than $10,000 in Halloween decor and lighting: jack-o-lanterns, spectres, and all manner of the undead will be represented.
Nightmare on Spring Mountain offerings:
Spirited Cocktails – The cocktail menu is changing to feature bone-chilling original cocktails served in special spooky glassware such as:
- Dark Star, a spin on the Hot Toddy served in a skull mug
- Witchy Woman, a champagne cocktail served in a black wine glass
- Vlad Collins, a Tom Collins with a twist of Vampyre Vodka garnished with fake vampire teeth
- Soul Sacrifice, a Moscow Mule served in a sugar skull mug
- Peter Peter, an original pumpkin spice rum slushie
Selfie Station – The Sand Dollar Lounge is installing a new selfie station where you can capture all the ghoulish memories to share on your social media.
Special Event Nights – Costumes are definitely welcomed any night of the week, but for those who need a little encouragement or inspiration, there will be a few themed nights during the pop-up run.
- Mon 10/4 Goth Night: Dress like you hate your parents.
- Music from Bootylicious.
- Mon 10/11 Evil Clown Night: You hate clowns, we hate clowns. That’s the point.
- Let out your evil clown blues with The Smokestacks.
- Sun 10/17 Stranger Things Night: Let your inner 80’s kid or monster out.
- At midnight, Dan Fenster, will perform a mix of 80’s synthesizer songs from the era and the hit Netflix show Stranger Things; culminating in an “upside down” themed dark techno set.
- Mon 10/18 The World Live Debut of Pauly Shore & the Crusty’s
- You read that right, for the first time anywhere, Pauly Shore and the Crusty’s will be performing a full live set.
- Everyone come dressed as the Wiez.
- Tue 10/19 Gore Night: The more disturbing, the better.
- Carlos Silva & The Scatterbrains bring you some face-melting Acid Jazz.
- Mon 10/25 Slutty Anything Night: Let’s face it, we know why you like dressing up for Halloween. The sluttier the better (no nudity).
- Danny Brooks brings the sounds of Texassippi soul for you to bare your… wait, we said no nudity.
- Wed 10/27 Marvel Universe Night: From Iron Man to Thanos, heroes and villains unite.
- Traveling from across the universe, ok maybe just across the continent, Canadian blues singer JW Jones provides the soundtrack to this superhero-themed night.
- Fri 10/29 – Pregame to Fetish & Fantasy Ball
- Fri 11/1 – Day of the Dead Party
About The Sand Dollar Lounge
Located at the gateway to Las Vegas’ booming Chinatown district, The Sand Dollar Lounge is a local Vegas landmark enjoying the rush of a second life. Originally opened as a blues bar in 1976, The Sand Dollar quickly became a draw for iconic musicians including Muddy Waters, B.B. King, and even Mick Jagger over its first 30 years. Hit by hard times, The Sand Dollar closed its doors in 2013, but its spirit would not let it rest and within two years was purchased and reignited by hospitality veterans Anthony Jamison and Nathan Grates.
Honoring the tradition and history of the iconic Las Vegas venue, The Sand Dollar Lounge has reclaimed its beloved spot as a premier live music venue with free entertainment nightly, adding rotating craft beer selections, an extensive whiskey collection, seasonal craft cocktails by some of the city’s best bartenders, an amazing pizza kitchen, and table-top gaming in a smoke-free environment. The Sand Dollar has been named “Cocktail Bar of the Year” (KNPR’s Desert Companion) and “Best Dive Bars” (Thrillist), and “one of the city’s top pizza spots” (Las Vegas Weekly). Last year it also won a Pinnacle award for the Miracle On Spring Mountain pop-up from the Public Relations Society of America.