Check Out the Photo Gallery Below
The exclusive Las Vegas location of the renowned Miracle Bar Popup has transformed The Sand Dollar Lounge into an immersive Winter Wonderland with an exclusive cocktail menu, $20,000 worth of festive decorations, free nightly entertainment, theme nights, and more. Hours for this special pop-up will be 3 p.m. – 4 a.m. seven days a week, through New Year’s Day ( closed Thanksgiving Day).
Miracle on Spring Mountain Details
Theme/Dress up Nights – Including:
- Nov 28 – Vodka/Latke Party (Free latkes, $7 Ketel One shots)
- Nov. 29 – Candy Cane Night
- Dec. 4 – Ugly Sweater Party (don your rattiest raglan or most savage sweatshirt and join in on the party taking place at all Miracle locations nationwide)
- Dec. 13 – Grinch Night
- Dec. 20 – Naughty or Nice Night (Mostly Naughty, but you do you).
Chef Pizza Pop-Ups – On select Wednesdays and Sundays throughout the pop-up, local prominent Strip and Off-Strip chefs such as Esther’s Kitchen’s James Trees and Bardot Brasserie’s Nick Dugan will take over the Sand Dollar’s pizza kitchen to craft 2-3 of their own creations. Some are already established pizzaiolos. Some have never even served pizza before. Once again, a generous $15 per pizza will be donated and split between Project REAL and International Problem Gambling Center. Full schedule forthcoming.
Holiday-Inspired Cocktails – Of course, the main attraction are the unique specialty cocktails and matching glassware (available for purchase). Though some of the glassware and cocktail names are the same from prior years, recipes are all new! This year’s lineup features:
- Christmapolitan (vodka, elderflower, dry vermouth, spiced cranberry sauce, lime, rosemary, absinthe mist)
- Jolly Koala (bourbon, cacao nib apéritif, dry vermouth, mulled wine reduction, mole bitters)
- Christmas Carol Barrel (reposado tequila, coffee liqueur, dry curaçao, spiced chocolate, aromatic bitters, orange bitters)
- On Dasher (gin, vanilla liqueur, marshmallow, cardamon, black pepper, lemon, cream, egg, soda)
- Bad Santa -served hot- (aged jamaican rum, velvet falernum, mixed spiced butter, oat milk, nutmeg)
- Snowball Old-Fashioned (rye, gingerbread, aromatic bitters, wormwood bitters, orange essence)
- Elfing Around (prosecco, gin, mulled wine reduction, grapefruit shrub, aromatic bitters, orange bitters)
- SanTaRex (blanco tequila, mezcal, melon liqueur, almond orgeat, lime, tiki bitters)
- Yippie Ki Yay Mother F****r! (Barbados rum, rhum agricole, Trinidad overproof rum, ube & coconut orgeat, acid-adjusted pineapple juice)
- Jingle Balls Nog (cognac, cream sherry, almond milk, cream, egg, vanilla, nutmeg)
- Nice Shot (gingerbread spiced rye)
- Naughty Shot (cinnamon spiced bourbon)
About Miracle Bar
Greg Boehm and Nico de Soto were busy planning the build-out of what was to be their new cocktail bar, Mace, in New York City’s East Village. The holiday season was fast approaching and work was planned throughout the holidays. Just before demolition began, Greg received a call from his mother, who was traveling in Tibet at the time, and she suggested that they should wait on construction until January and instead use the space for a pop-up Christmas bar. That winter of 2014, Mace was opened as the original Miracle® location. A space heavily decorated in Christmas decor and serving holiday-themed drinks was a huge but unexpected success, with lines of people waiting each night to get in. Miracle® the holiday pop-up bar quickly became the darling of local press coverage and word grew of this must-visit holiday destination.
The following year, Greg and his team decided to bring Miracle® back to the original Mace location and to also partner with locations outside of New York. In 2016, Miracle® grew to 17 locations, from Athens to Montreal and many states across the contiguous U.S. The 2017 Miracle® season saw new partners joining the team from all around the world, such as Hong Kong, Panama, Brazil, Canada, and cities in over 29 U.S. states. 2018 marked our fifth-year anniversary with over 90 locations participating in Miracle® and Beachbum Berry’s Sippin’ Santa®, our tiki-Christmas sister pop-up. Miracle® is a collaboration with Cocktail Kingdom® and has all of its signature ware manufactured to the same high standards synonymous with the Cocktail Kingdom® brand.
Be sure to tag @MIRACLEPOPUP #MIRACLEPOPUP
For more details: Miraclepopup.com
About The Sand Dollar Lounge
Located at the gateway to Las Vegas’ booming Chinatown district, The Sand Dollar Lounge is a local Vegas landmark enjoying the rush of a second life. Originally opened as a blues bar in 1976, The Sand Dollar quickly became a draw for iconic musicians including Muddy Waters, B.B. King, and even Mick Jagger over its first 30 years. Hit by hard times, The Sand Dollar closed its doors in 2013, but its spirit would not let it rest and within two years was purchased and reignited by hospitality veterans Anthony Jamison and Nathan Grates.
Honoring the tradition and history of the iconic Las Vegas venue, The Sand Dollar Lounge has reclaimed its beloved spot as a premier live music venue with free entertainment nightly, adding rotating craft beer selections, an extensive whiskey collection, seasonal craft cocktails by some of the city’s best bartenders, an amazing pizza kitchen, and table-top gaming in a smoke-free environment. The Sand Dollar has been named “Cocktail Bar of the Year” (KNPR’s Desert Companion) and “Best Dive Bars” (Thrillist), and “one of the city’s top pizza spots” (Las Vegas Weekly). Last year it also won a Pinnacle award for the Miracle On Spring Mountain pop-up from the Public Relations Society of America. A second location in the Plaza Hotel Casino is due to open by 2022.