Fergusons Downtown Celebrates Its Grand Opening in Downtown Las Vegas
After nearly two and a half years, Fergusons Downtown will open its gate on December 13th, revealing the revitalized and preserved 1940s motel, now housing Las Vegas-based businesses – the Fergusons Neighbors – where locals and visitors can eat, drink, stay, work, shop and gather.
The Grand Opening weekend, which is open to the community to enjoy, will include:
- A kickoff with an official ribbon-cutting in front of Big Rig Jig at 4 pm on Friday, December 13 with Fergusons’ Jam Session to follow on the stage at 8 pm. La Monja, Hatsumi and Mothership will be open for dinner service for bites and beverages before the show.
- The festivities continue on Saturday, December 14 with the Fergusons Neighbors open and additional vendors in The Yard starting at 12 pm; Mothership will offer a complimentary coffee, beer and chocolate tasting from 1-3 pm; a fashion show will take place at 4 pm hosted by Fergusons Neighbors Neon Cactus and The Noise Project; a special Speigelworld activation will take over the stage at 5 pm; Market in the Alley will bring in more than 60 vendors in The Alley from 6-10 pm; local artist Pretty Done will be live painting at 6 pm at The Noise Project, and live music will provide tunes for the rest of the evening starting just after 6 pm.
- The celebration will move into Sunday, December 15, with Creative Mornings and Silent Savasana for all starting at 11 am; Picnic Baskets available from Mothership for families, friends and the community to enjoy in The Yard; Market in the Alley from 12-4 pm; a Q&A panel featuring the Fergusons Neighbors at 2 pm; and special activations and promotions from the newly opened shops at Fergusons Downtown.
Following the Grand Opening weekend, Fergusons Downtown will be open daily from 7 am to 10 pm for the community to explore and enjoy. The revitalized historic destination will showcase the Fergusons Neighbors, including beloved Las Vegas brands, bespoke products and the opportunity to meet the makers, whether that is chefs, artists, photographers or stylists.
MEET THE NEIGHBORS
EAT & DRINK: Discover unparalleled globally inspired cuisines and an extensive offering of craft cocktails, beer and fair-trade coffee at these eateries:
- HATSUMI –A new Japanese concept by Chef Dan Krohmer, featuring robata izakaya dining and an extensive cocktail menu that boasts the largest sake program downtown. Now open.
- LA MONJA – Featuring coastal seafood ceviches, handmade masa, Nixtmal corn tortillas, and an array of agave-heavy spirits and cocktails, this new Mexican concept by Chef Dan Krohmer offers a delightfully tacky approach to its ambiance reminiscent of a scene from Quentin Tarantino’s From Dusk Till Dawn. Now open.
- MOTHERSHIP – This local coffee shop offers ethically sourced coffee, house-made pastries and bites, as well as a cattail cocktail program made from beer and wine. It’s the neighborhood’s go-to for that morning jolt, a beer cattail at the end of the day and everything in between. Now open.
SHOP & GATHER: Take a peek at Fergusons Downtown’s marketplace bringing together the spirit of the city’s creative entrepreneurs offering a unique shopping experience that supports a thoughtful lifestyle:
- ALL FOR OUR COUNTRY – A nod to Nevada’s state motto, All For Our Country by OneFortyThree, will feature a rotating selection of handmade signature pieces – including its plywood molded furniture, lamps, and home accessories – as well as handmade products from other makers including bags, wallets, and jewelry. Now open.
- CARRIE LYNN’S – The creators of the beloved Plant Swappers are bringing a new brand and brick and mortar to life. Carrie Lynn’s, a boutique plant experience, will offer plant services – including styling and maintenance for commercial and home clients – as well as a thoughtful and sustainable product line featuring plants, pots, home décor and more. Opening late December.
- FUTURE MAKERS – With the mission of creating equal access to engaging and conscious education for the future of Las Vegas, Future Makers offers community-based workshops, classes and events focused on art, wellness, STEAM and young entrepreneurs programming for children of all ages. Now open.
- ILLUMINE SOCIAL CLUB – A concept shop specializing in objects that articulate the many qualities of light, a bio-feedback photography studio (Aura Photography) and a Social Club are what Illumine Social Club is all about. Visitors will have the opportunity to shop fine jewelry, stained glass, and botanical products by creators local and beyond, as well as explore their own energy fields and join in enlightening conversations. Opening late December.
- MIKE’S RECOVERY –A retail and market space, Mike’s Recovery will provide a soaking tub, massages and an overall experience meant to stimulate all the senses with the brand’s handmade body and bath products handmade to aid in athletic recovery and performance with unique blends of quality, high-concentrate essential oils. Now open.
- MYRON HENSEL – A photographer and an old-timey camera producing tintype photographs are what you’ll find in Myron Hensel’s studio. Focused on one of the earliest forms of photography, Myron captures and creates moments that will literally last a lifetime. Now open.
- NEON CACTUS – This ethically sourced and body-positive vintage shop will offer the highest quality vintage goods as well as handmade stained-glass jewelry. Specializing in all-inclusive clothing, Neon Cactus’ product line is bold, colorful and meant to make a statement and seeks to be an outlet for sustainable, diverse and fun fashion. Now open.
- THE NOISE PROJECT – An education-driven salon, The Noise Project focuses on the entire skull, creating a safe, inclusive and custom experience for every guest. The new Far East Fremont salon will bring mental awareness and compassion into everything they do, from stylists to guests and special events to everyday services. Now open.
- THE TINY BLOOM – From fresh florals, everyday arrangements, and more, The Tiny Bloom will be downtown’s neighborhood flower shop. Offering flowers that are hand-selected fresh, vivid and long-lasting, the flower shop sources the best buds from trusted farms and vendors to create custom designs and arrangements perfect for every day or special occasion. Now open.
For more information, individual shop and restaurant hours, as well as upcoming events, visit their website, like on Facebook, and follow on Instagram.
ABOUT FERGUSONS DOWNTOWN
Fergusons Downtown is a neighborhood rooted in community, celebrating music, art, nature and local creators. Through the revitalization of the historic Fergusons Motel, the mission is to cultivate a diverse and inviting community that fosters creativity and passion. From the shops of local makers to restaurants and inviting green space, Fergusons is a place where you can connect, shop, sleep, eat and explore.