Nevada’s largest film festival returns to take movie lovers on journeys from around the world. The 16th Annual Dam Short Film Festival will screen 146 short films February 13-16, 2020 in the historic Boulder City Theatre in Boulder City, Nevada.
With more than 8,000 festivals around the world, the Dam Short Film Festival proudly ranks as a Top 100, per FilmFreeway, making it an experience not to be missed. Over a four-day period, the festival will bring original and unique films to the public and present each as an important and entertaining art form.
Guests can experience 23 thematic 60- to 90-minute program blocks with categories including Drama, Comedy, Documentary, Sci-Fi/Horror, Animation, Student, Music Video and Nevada Filmmaker. In its 16th year, the festival has added new programs to the lineup including Silver State Documentaries – five unique stories from Nevada documentary filmmakers; Retrospective: 40 Years of The Residents – short films and music videos by The Residents with a Q&A with Manager Homer Flynn; and Award Winners – whereas many of the award-winning short films will be screened during the 90-minute window.
The February 13-16 schedule is as follows:
Thursday, February 13
- Noon: Nevada A: Silver State Docs
- 2 pm: Drama A: Those Who Serve
- 4 pm: Avant-Garde: A Different Lens
- 6 pm: Sci-Fi: Surviving the Future
- 8:15 pm: Drama B: Lost Time
- 10 pm: Horror: The Evil Inside us
Friday, February 14
- 11 am: Documentary A: Amazing People
- 1 pm: Drama C: Unexpected Relationships
- 3:15 pm: Drama D: Love & Romance
- 5:15 pm: Comedy A: Comedy for Grown-Ups
- 6:30 pm: Meet-n-Greet
- 8 pm: Retrospective: 40 Years of The Residents
- 9:30 pm: Music Videos: Sonic Journeys
Saturday, February 15
- 10 am: Documentary B: Healing the World and Ourselves
- 12 pm: Animation A: The Art of the Story
- 1:30 pm: International A: The Lives of Children
- 3:45 pm: Drama E: Meeting Adversity
- 6 pm: Comedy B: For Your Amusement
- 7 pm: 16th Dam Mixer
- 8:15 pm: Nevada B: Silver State Drama and Comedy
- 10:15 pm: Underground: These Crazy Times
Sunday, February 16
- 10:30 am: Animation B: Emotion in Motion
- 12:45 pm: International B: Rhythm of Life
- 2:45 pm: Drama F: Vocations and Avocations
- 7 pm: Award Winners
- 9 pm: Awards Party
“Entering our 16th season as one of the best film festivals in the world is amazing and only possible through the support and love of the arts,” said Founder Lee Lanier. “We are excited to continue announcing and presenting more incredible short films, filmmakers and categories to our lineup – continuing Dam Short Film Festival’s run as one of Southern Nevada’s favorite cultural events.”
Boulder City and its small-town charm will welcome visitors for the full weekend of festival fun. The short films will be enjoyed in the beautifully restored, 400-seat Boulder Theatre, with state-of-the-art digital projection located at 1225 Arizona St, Boulder City, NV, 89005.
In addition to the screenings and filmmakers Q&A during each category block, the Festival will feature a Post-Awards Party, 16th Dam Mixer, Meet-n-Greet, and other parties and events. Sponsors for the 16th Annual Dam Short Film Festival include Railroad Pass and 174 Power Global.
About Dam Short Film Festival
Dam Short Film Festival, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, was founded in 2003 by Lee and Anita Lanier. The pair developed a love of short films while traveling to numerous film festivals in the U.S., Canada, and Europe. Lee worked in film production and computer animation since 1989 and directed a half-dozen short films. In 2008, the festival moved to the historic Boulder Theatre. John LaBonney served as festival director from 2012 to 2019, expanding the scope of the event and reaching sell-out crowds. Today, the Dam Short Film Festival has become a traditional Southern Nevada cultural event that attracts thousands of visitors to Boulder City each February. The festival has welcomed scores of filmmakers from all over the world and has screened several thousand unique independent short films during its history. Sponsors include Railroad Pass and 174 Power Global. For more information visit their website; like on Facebook; and follow on Twitter and Instagram.
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.