So many people want to take their pet traveling with them, they don’t know which companies will allow them to bring their pet along for the ride.
Below are 13 companies that understand how important it is to have your pet traveling with you, staying in a hotel or flying on a plane.
- JetBlue – JetBlue allows small pets to travel in cabin. They even have an exclusive program, JetPaws. It caters to your canines every need, making for a smooth trip.
- W Hotels – Pets receive a toy, treat, pet tag, and clean up bags with the W’s PAW (Pets Are Welcome) program. Which also includes custom W pet beds, food and water bowls with a floor mat, and treats at turndown.
- Southwest Air – Southwest has their 2-for-1 rate. Which means, if you have two small dogs that can fit comfortably in one carrier, then you will only be charged for the carrier, and not per pet.
- Virgin Atlantic – Virgin Atlantic offers a special heated and air-conditioned compartment – just like the cabin – for your dog.
- Loews Hotels and Resorts – The Loews Loves Pets program at the Loews Hotel gives your dog access to a unique room service menu, toys, a bed, and a list of local pet services.
- Drury Inn – Dogs are welcome and they stay free of charge at the Drury Inn.
- Red Roof Inn – Red Roof also will not charge you an additional fee to have your dog stay with you in the hotel.
- Motel 6 – Motel 6 are happy to accommodate your dog at no extra cost.
- Four Seasons Hotel – Four Seasons allows dogs under 15 pounds and have a veterinarian on call to ensure your dog stays healthy.
- Westin Hotel – The Westin pampers your dog like it would a person, by offering robes, massages, and custom cuisine for your dog.
- Kimpton Hotels – The hotel offers special pet packages that include food and water bowls, mineral water, temporary pet tags, gourmet dog cookies, walking services, dog sitting services, and even pet massages.
- Ace Hotels – Travelers who book a room at Ace Hotel New York with the rate code PUPPYLOVE, will have their regular pet fee waived.
- Trump International Hotel Las Vegas – The Trump® Pets program will fill your dog’s tummy with gourmet treats and see them off to sleep on a plush dog bed.
If you decide that you want to take your pet traveling with you, here are a few tips.
- Make sure your pet is comfortable with travel.
- Make sure your pet has identification tags with up-to-date information. Having your pet implanted with a microchip can improve your chances of getting your pet back if it becomes lost.
- If you are taking your pet across state or international borders, a health certificate is required.
- Make sure that your pet is allowed where you are staying.